1. Can you tell us a little bit about this project for those that have never heard of you before?
Doomsday is a crusty/death metal project we decided to form based on the desire between Zack, Jon and I to continue writing together after we stopped working with our previous band. Bob and Zion being mutual friends were added to round out the lineup.
2. How would you describe your musical sound?
Dumb, disgusting metal played loud through blown, beer drenched speakers
3. What are some of the lyrical topics and subjects the band explores with the music?
I had no involvement as far as lyrical content, but the music called for raw, aggressive subject matter. Zion is fantastic in annunciation and I think a lot of the lyrics are fairly easy to decipher for anyone that's interested in learning them.
4. What is the meaning and inspiration behind the bands name?
The majority of us were involved in the Doomsday Derelicts era of Nachtmystium. We had thrown around a couple of other ideas, but this was one that seemed to click with everyone.
5. What are some of the best shows that the band has played so far and how would you describe your stage performance?
6. Do you have any touring plans for the new release?
We just finished up a week and a half or so in support of Krieg and Wolvhammer that took us around the midwest and east coast. At the moment, we have no more plans to play live until we're finished with our respective duties in other projects.
7. Currently you are signed to Disorder Records, how did you get in contact with this label and how would you describe the support that they have given you so far?
I started Disorder just prior to releasing the EP, I didn't really have any intention of trying to sign this band to a label at all. We've all been around long enough and we know enough people. There's really no reason for us to hand anything off to a label for pocket change.
8.What is going on with the other musical projects these days?
I'm working on a goth record under the title of Liar In Wait as well as material for new Chrome Waves and Wolvhammer releases that are scheduled for the first half of next year. Jon is working on writing a new Bones record that will more than likely come out on Planet Metal next year. Zion has a full length of Anti-Human Thesis songs ready to record. Bob is always doing a million things with Apostle of Solitude, Gates of Slumber, etc. and Zack is starting another leg of Goatwhore touring as we speak. Always a lot going on around here, there's never a lack of work or creativity.
9. What direction do you see your music heading into on future releases?
Well, we did start a couple of other songs a few months ago, they aren't finished, but they seem to be in the same vain as the others, just a little slower. Not that we're going to stop going fast, just wanted to mix things up a little.
10. What are some bands or musical styles that have influenced your music and also what are you listening to nowadays?
I think this obviously just depends on the project, you can't really pigeonhole any of us when it comes to influences. They're far reaching and varied. For Doomsday in particular, I guess you could say Autopsy, His Hero is Gone and the like.
11. Outside of music what are some of your interests?
Is there anything else? I really don't have much free time these days...
12. Any final words or thoughts before we wrap up this interview?
Thanks for the questions, check out the record, and buy it so we can keep these things happening.