1.Can you give us an update on what has been going on with the band since the recording and release of the new ep?
1. Well people seem to be responding very well to the EP, which we're very happy about, and we appreciate all the kind words!
2.Recently you have released a new ep, how would you describe the musical sound that is presented on the recording and also how does it differ from the stuff you have released in the past?
2.the EP definitely falls under Black/Death metal, on the more technical side. Its definitely a product of all of our own individual styles coming together.
3.The band originally was more of a death/thrash band in the beginning but have evolved into more of black/death metal direction over the years, what was the decision behind going into a different musical style?
3. The change in musical style definitely was a necessary thing for us to do. The line up at the time was very split. One side wanting to play more traditional thrash, and the other side wanted to play Death metal, eventually we split with 2 of the members, relocated to Covina, and now we're doing better than ever musically, and internally as a cohesive unit.
4.What are some of the lyrical topics and subjects the band explores with the music?
4. We have a loose storyline, involving all kinds of crazy shit. Think Conan the Barbarian, meets Army of Darkness, with the Labyrinth thrown in hahah.
5.What is the meaning and inspiration behind the name 'Deceive'?
5. When the original line up of the band came together, we had 4 songs, and we played a show literally 2 days after forming, and we still had no idea what to name ourselves. I think I was watching a movie or something, and they said "Deceive". It stuck out to me for some reason, and there were no other metal bands around with that name. I messed around with logo ideas, and eventually we all agreed on Deceive. .
6.What are some of the best shows that the band has played over the years and also how would you describe your stage performance?
6. Hard to say honestly! We've played alot of awesome shows, but definitely every time we play the bay area we end up having a great time. Alot of great friends and bands up there. So the bay area shows, and definitely the time we played with Gigan, Pyrrhon, and Artificial Brain at the Complex in Glendale. That shit was fun.
7.Do you have any touring or show plans for the new ep?
7. Nothing as far as touring goes yet. However we will be playing with Incantation and Funerus at the Airliner in Los Angeles on January 17th. And we were lucky enough to get a slot on 2015's California deathfest, from the guys who throw MDF. That line up is so ridiculously amazing. Alot of bands I've listened to and looked up to for years.
8.The band was signed to Infinite Regress Records for a while, what happened with that label and contract?
8. Lindon and Steve from Infinite Regress Records are awesome as fuck, and they really took good care of us. Unfortunately the label couldn't financially go on, so they had to close shop. I think you can still order their remaining back stock of IRR releases though. But yeah its a shame too, because there were some absolutely fantastic bands on that roster.
9.On a worldwide level how has the feedback been to your music by fans of black and death metal?
9. So far people seem to really be be responding well to the new EP! Everyone that's given us feedback has told us positive things, so we're really thankful that everyone Is enjoying the music!
10.When can we expect a full length album and also where do you see the band heading into musically during the future?
10. Hard to say when we'll be doing a full length. We'd definitely like to have a solid label backing us with distribution and such. And we're in the market, so hit us up! Hahah. But musically, we'll definitely keep trying to push our brand of Blackened Death Metal, and progressing together as a band to really ensure that we're putting out the best music we possibly can!
11.What are some of the bands or musical styles that have had an influence on your newer music and also what are you listening to nowadays?
11.we're all pretty open minded when it comes to what we listen to, but the bands that come to mind would be stuff like Suffocation, Dissection, The Black Dahlia Murder, Necrophobic, etc.
12.What are some of your non musical interests?
12. Chicken Wings, THC, Being ridiculous, beer, Vietnamese soup, etc.
13.Before we wrap up this interview, do you have any final words or thoughts?
13. Thanks for asking us to do this interview! And thanks to everyone who's reading this!
Keep supporting extreme metal!