1. can you update us with what is going on with the band these days?Preludium (Lukasz): Hi. The band is making a steady progress these days. Last year the MCD label released our 2 albums: ‘Abomination’- consists of 4 ‘new’ compositions together with demo material coming from ‘Infernal force’ 2002. In addition to that we managed to release our full-length album ‘Impending Hostility’ for a new record label- Diabolical Conquest. After a 2 –year-break we started playing concerts. Things are getting better.
Thanks to broadening our cooperation with Mythrone Promotion, the information about releasing the new stuff and also about signing the contract with Diabolical Conquest Records appeared in the most of music website services in Poland.
We are fully satisfied with the cooperation with DC Records. Kunal every time gives us support and has confidence in us and our actions. He does his best to make our music be heard all around the world.
We are receiving from abroad the reviews of our new album and lots of inquires about interviews. In Poland, on the other hand, there are reviews of ‘Abomination’ but we are still waiting for the first opinions of our latest full length album.
2. How would you describe the musical sound of the new album, and how does it differ from previous releases?
Our music can be described as brutal death metal in so called ‘US style’. In no way it can be described as highly technical or intricate, on the contrary, the music is rather simple with an emphasis placed on the climate of the whole composition.
Our music is under the influence of the newcomers who joined our band after releasing ‘Raping Mankind Disorder’ especially the appearance of Piotr as the drummer has had a significant impact on the rhythmical elements.
Trying to be uniquely original is not the main goal of our band. Each release follows a certain convention. Our main goal is to work on improving the quality of our compositions.
Our last album contains 9 entirely new compositions including one instrumental. When working on ‘Impending…’ for the first time we used seven-string guitars. What’s more we tuned them in a way to achieve ‘heavier’ effect. The compositions resemble our style, however, we add some new elements: more varied vocals and we also decided to resign from didgeridoo, which appeared both on ‘Eternal Wrath’ and ‘Raping Mankind Disorder’
3. What are some of the lyrical topics and concepts the new release explores?
The lyrics present military-related topics adequate to our music. We derive our inspirations from books and films. No preaching.
4. What is the meaning and inspiration behind the bands name?
The founder of the band and the inventor of the band’s name is Janek. Frankly speaking I’m not able to say what lay behind his decision to name the band-Preludium. I would say that even Janek does not know it or does not remember it, cos it was long time ago. From my point of view it’s quite original name for the group which plays such extreme music. We like it- if someone has problem with it…..I don’t care.
5. What are some of the best shows that the band has played so far and how would you describe your stage performance?
We believe that our best shows are yet to come. So far, we’ve played 2 concert tours in the south-east part of Poland. What’s more we’ve appeared on the Conquer Fest in Malbork and we’ve played in Slovakia. As I’ve already said we’ve had a 2-year- break from playing concerts. I hope that it will change because our music is simply perfect for such performance. Our gig can be compared to a war. We come in, play our death metal and we take no captives. A few days ago we learned that we will play on a two-day festival in Katowice together with such groups as Entombed, Krisiun, Kataklysm, Belphegor, DHG and lots more. Obviously, we are really excited about it. It will be a test for us and for the impact of our music.
6. Do you have any touring plans for the new releases?
Unfortunately, we don’t have any touring plans. Still, we are open to interesting offers.
7. Currently you are signed to Diabolical Conquest Records, how did you get in contact with this label, and how would you describe the support that they have given you so far?
The owner of Diabolical Conquest Zine reviewed ‘Raping…’. He took a liking to our music and that’s why we started to correspond. What’s more he offered to help us with finding a new label for our new material.
After recording ‘Impending Hostility’ Kunal informed us that he starts with his own label and that he would go to any lengths to get our signatures on the contract. The word became flesh and soon we signed the papers.
Kunal spreads propaganda about PRELUDIUM all over the world. As a result we receive lots of reviews and inquires about interviews.
8. On a worldwide level how has your music been received by brutal death/black metal fans worldwide?
Our music usually meets with a warm reception from the listeners. The reviews show us that our music is worthwhile to pay it interest. We are glad that death metal fans appreciate it.
9. What direction do you see the music heading into on future releases?
For the time being, we don’t think about composing new material, now we focus our attention on the concerts. All we can do is to assure you that we will still play insane death metal with hellish vocals.
10. Are there any side projects besides this and, or is this a full time line-up?
For the boys Preludium is a full time line-up, but not for me. I’m also involved in a post-black metal project called “Mord’a’Stigmata”. We’ve just signed a contract with Romanian Sun & Moon Records and on 11 April 2011 there will be the premiere of the second album ‘Antimatter’
Last year we played to successful concert tours all around Poland with Massemord and Infernal War. What’s more we’re composing material for the next album. Frankly speaking, I don’t know yet what will be the outcome of our work.
11. What are some bands or musical styles that have influenced your music, and also what are you listening to nowadays?
I listen to various kinds of music. Apart from metal, I love listening to electronic music, dnb, ambient, noise and film music. In my opinion, music is not the only factor which influences what we create in Preludium. Our music style is very often compared to Incantation, Morbid Angel or Immolation. Being compared to these bands is a great honour for us. Personally,
I don’t see any similarities between our music.
12. What role does Satanism, Occultis or Anti-Christianity plan your music, and how would you describe your views on these topics?
Religion is for fools. I don’t want to share with you my private views on these topics.
13. Outside of music what are some of your interests?
I love playing football and cooking.
14. Any final words or thoughts before we wrap up this interview?
Thank you for the interview.