1. Can you give us an update on what is going on with the band these days?
Hailz!!! Well these days are frenetic searching for a new label to release the 3rd album, will be recorded end april and we want to release it in september, pre production is done, all artwork is also done, in between we have some gigs, the biggest in Portugal SWR Barroselas.
Quite productive have to say.
2. How would you describe the musical sound of the newer material and how it differs from previous releases?
Well speaking of Mercilles Jaws from Hell, the main difference is in the solos, more melodic and less shred, the music is in the same path as Thrash Metal is Violence, the sound is a bit cleaner...but not too much.
3. What at are some of the lyrical topics and subjects the band explores with the music?
The lyrics are based in a few books, basically we speak about revenge, anti religion and being free of mind, no chains, only on stage haha.
4. What is the meaning and inspiration behind the bands name?
The band picked the name after the Testament song Sins of Omission, and with so many Omissions done by Catolic church we thought it was perfect, besides not ending in TOR like many bands now we thought was a good War name.
5. What are some of the best shows that the band has played so far and how would you describe your stage performance?
We cannot judge ouselfs, that is a work for the press, what I read is that we have a good live performance, critics in Spain and Portugal use to say that we destroy the stages...When we go onstage we just deliver everything we have, our anger ,violence, aggression...people can feel that we give 1000% for their ticket.
6. Are there any touring plans for the future?
We have families and jobs so it's difficult for us to tour, what we do is to play in weekend fests, but now I'm (Marco) the only one with a job so the other guys can go on tour without me haha, we will try to play in bigger fests all over Europe, and we can think on mini tours if its a good business for us.
7. Currently War Productions re-issued your album on cassette how did you feel about the release?
Great!!! They already released a tape with the 2nd and 3rd demo and the first record too, they are friends and do it because they like it, in Omission we are old guys used to vinyl and tapes so it's great to have our music in all possible formats.
8. On a worldwide level how has your music been recieved by underground metal fans?
We have good reviews all over, from malasia where we are a part of a 4 way split cd with Thrashingfist Demons, in Greece we have good friends in Convixion and Greg from Eat Metal Records, Japan Miki at Stakk records also helped us selling some records there...US I don't have a clue...South america we have a few friends from Brazil and Mexico...usually people who write us is to give their support.
9. Are there any other projects besides this band or is this a full time line-up?
This is is our main band, than each one of us has other side projects, James plays in Wolfencross, Daviti in Moñigo, Patillas has a secret project hahaha...I don't know if I can reveal it and I'm helping Decayed with the solos in studio, the focus is OMISSION.
10. What direction do you see the music heading into on future releases?
Our music will be more and more aggressive and violent, the new tracks are heavier, many hellish thrash riffs and a lot of blast beats, actually i'm listening to the pre-production sent by the guys while answering this interview (I live in Lisbon and the rest in Madrid) and the guys did a hell of a job, i'll destroy it with shity solos hahahaha.It's powerfull.
11. What are some of the bands and musical styles that have influenced your music and also what are you listening to nowadays?
Omission influences hum... all kind of old Thrash Metal, Punk, NWOBHM, new black metal...a bit of the best.
Right now I'm listening to the new Van Halen to learn a bit hahaha, the other guys I don't know, Patillas listens to all kind of shit with metal in the end, James is more into pagan black stuff and Daviti likes Grind...I stay with my oldies from the NWOBHM.
12. What role does Satanism and Occultism play in your music and how would you describe your vies on these topics
We use satanic images and expressions as a major form of freedom of expression. We are against all kind of religions, we believe in ourselfs, nothing else, we can burn a bible or a coran or a satanic bible, we don't follow. Religion is for sheeps, we just use it.
13. Outside of music what are some of your interests?
Being with the family takes all my time, like football, trying to be away from politics, Daviti is a freak for tv animation, the others the usuall stuff. going out see some gigs... alcohol and drungs for all.
14. Any final words or thoughts before we wrap up this interview?
Be prepared for the new album to be unleashed in September a blast of Satanicspeed Thrash Metal in your face.
Thnxs for the interview