Wednesday, May 8, 2013
1. Can you tell us a little bit about the band for those that have never heard of you before?
1. We're a death metal band from Austin, Texas. We've been around since January 2011. We all share a love for a wide variety of old school and extreme metal subgenres, and they all influence our music.
2. How would you describe your musical sound?
2. Our sound draws influence very heavily from the old school death metal scene. Bands like Death, Morbid Angel, Grave and others like that.
3. What are some of the lyrical topics and subjects the band explores with the music?
3. When I write lyrics I try to draw inspiration from real things. While the lyrics (obviously) aren't directly my personal experiences, they are inspired by them.
4. What is the meaning and inspiration behind the bands name?
4. The band's name is a version of the Latin name of the god, Vulcan. It translates to "fire."
5. What are some of the best shows that the band has played so far and how would you describe your stage performance?
5. Some of the best shows we've played are the ones in our hometown at our favorite venue (the Red Eyed Fly) when our audience is engaged and there is an exchange of energy between the band and the fans. Our stage performance is not overly theatrical, or dramatic, but when we perform we try to put as much energy, passion and aggression into it. Energy is very important to us.
6. Do you have any touring plans or shows lined up for the future?
6. Possibly. It would probably be one of the coming summers.
7. Currently you are unsigned, are you looking for a label or received any interest?
7. We have not received any label interest as of yet, but we would be very open to offers.
8. On the recording there was a live version of a Turbonegro song, what was the decision behind the cover?
8. That song started as more of a joke between all of us, because it is a fun song with ridiculous lyrics that just kind of lets us have fun at the end of our live set.
9. On a worldwide level how has the feedback been to your music by fans of underground metal?
9. That is a good question. The farthest reach I've seen is being contacted by a French record store owner.
10. What direction do you see your music heading into on future releases?
10. That's hard to say, because our influences are so wide, and when I write the music for songs it depends on what I'm feeling at that particular moment, so it could vary from song to song even. However, right now I'm very into a combination of old school and Folk metal, so we'll see where that takes us.
11. What are some bands or musical styles that have influenced your music and also what are you listening to nowadays?
11. Bands that have influenced us range from Black Sabbath to Slayer, to Death, Morbid Angel, etc. to Behemoth and Immortal, Obituary, Vader and countless others. Anything extreme, really. Nowadays, I'm pretty into Ghost B.C. I think it's a nice change from all the extreme stuff I normally listen to.
12. How would you describe your views on Satanism and Occultism?
12. I don't really know. To me, it exists, it's there, but it's not my focus, personally in the music.
Answering question number 12, Jaxon [Drums/percussion]
I'd say our views on Satanism and Occultism are that we merely use the imagery and such as ways to give life, so to speak, to our songs and lyrical content. Otherwise there's somewhat of an interest in those subjects, at least to me. Otherwise we don't plan on raising the dead or summoning a demon anytime soon! Hahaha..
13.Outside of music what are some of your interests?
3. Actually, right now I am in university studying neural science. That's definitely a passion of mine; scientific research and discovery.
14. Any final words or thoughts before we wrap up this interview?