Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Luciferian Insectus Interview


1.Can you give us an update on what is going on with the musical project thee days?

LI: Well, I am in the writing process of my newest album, and currently up two songs. I plan on making a 12 track album for this release. I’ve been experimenting  around with some new energies that I have been experiencing lately, so mainly just getting in touch with the root of it all.

2.A few months back you had released a new album, how would you describe the musical sound that is presented on the recording and also howdoes it differ from the stuff you have released in the past?

LI: Yes, I released GODLESS through Apollyon Entertainment. It was  , like every other album I write, done naturally and un pre-meditated. It took an extremely death-metal / black-metal influenced touch and had a very ritual through chaos style presence. Basically like all my other albums, but this one was done just a little more upbeat and thrashy.

3.With the band name and song lyrics, you do cover some satanic, occult and anti religion themes, can you tell us a little bit more about your interests in these topics?

LI: Well. When it comes to the satanic detail, I am a Satanist. What kind of Satanist you might ask, it doesn’t really matter. I prefer to title myself as my own. I have always been a fan of the occult, so in that nature of support I base certain topics after the occult. As far as ritualist nature, I live that every day and every time I pick up my guitar, it is expressed though that nature as well. As far as for the anti-religion section of my material, I am just all against organized religion. I believe that such religious groups  such as the christian church  and the islamic nation are nothing but backwards hypocrites  that do nothing but try to strike fear and brainwash society , and have done so for many years. In my opinion I believe that to be free means to have no rule. To enjoy and be what you want, when you want. But for some reason the word “free”   has been somewhat pinned to the very sight of those two religions.

4.Originally the project was called 'Enemy Of Nazarene', what was the cause of the name change?

LI: I started my project in 2011 as Enemy Ov Nazarene mainly to express my hatred for the church. As my project matured into something more than a private obsession, I realized that I had a majority amount of my support being of the Luciferian nature . Mainly because of the satanic and sinful chaos I expressed in my very 1st  public demo, The Imperial Doom ov Mortus Crowe. I went to Los Angeles to express my album and musical nature further and decided to take it to Europe.  So as I got to Germany, I had a moment dawn onto me to name my project what it is titled to this day, Luciferian Insectus, meaning Luciferian Driven. The very force that started my projects dawn to light.

5.You record everything by yourself, are you open to working with other musicians or do you prefer to remain solo?

LI: Yes I do record everything myself.  My project started off as a one man project. One can say that I had gotten pretty comfortable with doing my music solo. Of course I am open to working with others. I play currently in two other bands, Grim Reality and Critical Assult. But as far as Luciferian Insectus goes, I just haven’t found the right people for the project that could show it the personal dedication  and touch needed to preserve its origionality. If that day comes, I am definetly open to bringing in some other members and making it a full band.But for now, I stand alone.

6.This project has been based in both the Netherlands and the United States, how would you compare the metal scene in both countries?

LI: The metal scene is very different in NL than from the states. To put it in a nutshell,  Metal is a lot more of a lifestyle and tradition over in that region of the world. I love it. USA has its high points but personally for my genre of music that I am associated with, NL and EU has my vote.

7.What are some of the best shows that you have played so far and also how would you describe your stage performance?

LI: I haven’t played many shows but if I have to pick one, I would say Black Kvlt Fest. My presence was charged by a beautiful moon. I would have to say that I was at absolute peace because when I stared up into the sky all I saw was a bright moon.  Made my focus skyrocket. Show was great.

8.Do you have any touring or show plans for the future?

LI: I have some local shows coming up in November 2017 .  And I’m also working on the music for a Film by Fox Trot Productions called Savage.  As far as touring, I believe a whisper from Apollyon has been thrown around about Europe in the future, but that’s unofficial. I still am up for any task.

9.On a worldwide level how has the feedback been to your music by fans of black and death metal?

LI: To my knowledge I think that I have a decent feedback . Truly I don’t really care what the public think. If you like my music, awesome. If you hate it, even better. That means I am executing my purpose well.

10.Where do you see yourself heading into as a musician in the future?

LI: In the future I cannot say where I will be. I could either be in a studio or on a stage. I prefer to be on a stage. But studio is fun. I have been working with some directors recently and it’s pretty cool. Doing things I have never done before, but always open for that stage date. It’s something I love to do the most.

11.What are some of the bands or musical styles that have had an influence on your music and also what are you listening to nowadays?

LI: I have a wide variety of influences. I like a lot of folk metal like Folk Earth, Glipnir, Fintroll and many traditional roots of folk music along with metal from Power to Black Metal. Some of those bands range from Stratovarius , Dio, Pantera, Dark Funeral, Dissection, Watain, Behemoth, Morbid Angel, Behexen, Akercoke, etc.  Nowadays I listen to a lot of Black Metal mainly of the cult genre. If I had to choose a specific genre for my musical nature, it would be Cult Black Metal. It just seems like the style that works for me both mentally and physically.

12.What are some of your non musical interests?

LI: Some of my non-musical influences are of the crime documentaries. I love watching things on forensics and old war stories.

13.Before we wrap up this interview, do you have any final words or thoughts?

LI: The only thing I can say to anyone who made it this far through this interview is just stay true to who you are and what makes you happy. Even if it takes your whole life to get to, never quit. Because the way I see it, at least you got a goal that you will always fight for. Makes life a tad bit more interesting.

LUCIFERIAN INSECTUS:

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/666.luciferian.music
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/ luciferianinsectus
Twitter: https://twitter.com/ lordmortus666
Email: morbidluciferian666@gmail.com

1 comment:

  1. This really gives you a look into his musical career. Great interview! 666

    ReplyDelete