1. Can you update us with what is going on with the band these days?
-Actually just preparing for the neckbreakers ball tour, we are leaving tonight
2. How would you describe the musical sound of the album and how does it
differ from the previous releases?
-The sound is whats most different if you compare this one to Cult of the dead, also we took more time
in writing the new songs, they are alot more groovies this time. Musically in general it didn't change much
3. What are some of the lyrical concepts and topics the new releases
-The concept of Descend into Chaos is loosely focused on terror and violence as occurring in cultural myth and reality - from mankind's historical penchant for violence to Lovecraftian horrors that undermine the anthropocentric worldview. Lyrical themes from previous albums continue and reoccur but this time a little more focused violence, while the antichristian theme is less prominent. Current titles are Killzone, Night of the Sabbath, Repossessed, Lord of the Flies, Holy Blood Holy War, Shrapnel Rain, The Hand of Darkness, They Drew First Blood and one other tentatively titled Desolation Empire, and an intro.
4. What is the meaning and inspiration behind the band name Legion of
-There is no real meaning behind it. It comes from WWII, there are several books on The Legion of the damned. We got it from our song Legion of the damned and we had to figure a new name within days.
5.What are some of the best shows that the band has played so far and
how would you describe your stage performance?
We have done tons of shows, so its hard to describe which one was/is the best. A stage performance from legion is agressive and straight in your face I must say, especially when we play the smaller clubs, which I prefer the most
6. Do you have any touring plans for the new releases?
Yes the neckbreakers ball tour in europe with Kataklysm that we are doing starting tomorrow.
7. Are there any current side projects going on these days with the
other band members?
Not that I know off, but then again the band is sucking up alot of our free times already
8. On a worldwide level how has your new album been recieved by extreme
Excellent. All of our albums have been picked up really well
9. What direction do you see the music heading into on future releases?
As for Legion of the damned? I have no idea, I am happy we have this release on the shelf, no idea what the future will bring
10. What are some bands or musical styles that have influenced your
music and also what are you listening to nowadays?
Band influences come from the bands from the 80's, Slayer, Possessed, Pestilence, Dark angel, Death, Destruction, Sodom. I listen to whole range of bands from thrash to Death metal to Mayhem/Darkthrone/bathory
11. Does Occultism or Satanism play any role in your music?
Our lyricwriter Tony is into this and he writes lyrics about it, he is the one who wrote all the lyrics for Legion of the damned
12.Outside of music what are some of your interests?
I am running my own video production company and work for nuclearblast, so my free time enjoyments are also my works. My intrests are mostly into film stuff and computers, 3d animation, stuff like that
13. Any final words or thoughts before we wrap up this interview?
Thanks man for the interview!!