1. Can you tell us a little bit about the band for those that have never heard of you before?
Metalomorph is a one man studio project formed in 2006 (based on ideas collected since the mid 1990's) that aims to capture the pure essence of oldschool extreme metal but emphasize it with a unique touch of authenticity.
2. How would you describe the musical sound of the new demo?
As a well refined mixture of Black, Thrash and Death metal with oldschool feeling, deep raw vocals, and imposing guitar sound based on the classic Gibson SG model with Tony Iommi's signature pickup.
3. What are some of the lyrical topics the new demo covers?
Psychedelic experiences , mystical SF stories , cosmological themes with a personal philosophical touch.
4. What is the meaning and inspiration behind the band's name?
In SF literature the "Metalomorph" is an exotic life form based on liquid metals and capable of shape shifting. I thought this is appropriate both to the lyrics and the music which blends fluently various genres of extreme metal.
5. What are some of the best shows that the band has played so far and how would you describe your stage performance?
As I said, this is a one man studio project. No gigs.
6. Currently the band in unsigned, are you looking for a label, and if so what kind of label do you feel that would do the most to support your music?
Yes, I'm looking for a label, the most realistic option is one of the small to medium sized European or American labels in the scene.
Hopefully, a label that will agree to finance the rest of the recordings or at least the digital mastering.
7. Avccording to the Myspace palge, the band members have over 20 years of experience in the underground metal scene, what is it that keeps you going after all of these years?
Ongoing hunger for this music and a profound creative urge.
This is a part of me, so I can't imagine not doing it.
8. How has your music been recieved so far by underground metal fans worldwide?
Quite well. I've got over 15,000 profile views in Myspace withing just 5 months. Surprisingly, a very large part of those come from the USA, which I didn't expect at all. Also, feedback has been very positive,as you can see on my comment board.
9. Are there any side projects besides this group, or is thie a full time band?
This is 'The' project for me, there are no others.
10. What are some bands or musical styles that have influenced your music and also what are you listening to nowadays?
Mostly the classic metal founding bands who released albums between 1970-1994. I'm also influenced by psychedelic electronica from the 1990's and some classical compositions. This is also what I'm listening to most of the time. newer bands are nice, but not as good as the classics.
11. Outside of music, what are some of your interests?
Research in alternatives to mainstream dogmas in all fields of science and medicine. this is usually where the truth is found.
12. Any final words or thoughts before we close this interview?
The demo can be purchased by transfering payment to my Paypal account : email@example.com (this is also my official contact)
cost is 7$ (standard package) or 8$ (registered package)
Graphic designers who are interested in designing a logo for Metalomorph will get a free copy(and full credit on Myspace) if their work is selected.
More details at my website:
Post a Comment