Sunday, June 25, 2017

Vehementer Interview


1.For those that have never heard of you before, can you tell us a little bit about the band?
1. Founded by me in 2002, heavily inspired by Altars of Madness, Seven Churches and Morbid Tales/emperor`s return, and overall atmosphere of the heavier metal music of that time. Since than a lot of written material some of it recorded, never compromised in any sort of way.

2.How would you describe the musical sound that is presented on the recordings?
2. If we are speaking about Replenishment Circle ( The Black Spectrumfest ) EP, It`s four songs of rage written and recorded totally spontaneous for a short period of time with (for me) disappointing production back then in 2008.

3.The band has been around since 2002 but has only released a single, demo and an ep, can you tell us a little bit more about the lack of material?
3. I had a vision about this band since I started it and many times it was hard in Serbia to fulfil that particular vision. Difficulty of finding proper drummer and a proper studio for achieving right kind of sound. Also I never wanted to push things just to have rich catalogue and on the other hand I played in other bands for couple of years including Bombarder and Infest and enjoyed being able to play easy music and go with the flow.

4.Your lyrics deal with Occultism, The Devil and The Apocalypse, can you tell us a little bit more about your interest in these topics?
4. I would say a wider understanding of the term ” Occult ” is more appropriate.

5.What is the meaning and inspiration behind the name ‘Vehementer’?
5. It is a latin word and it very well describes the intention and purpose of this band.

6.In the beginning you had a full line up but now a solo project, can you tell us a little bit more about going into this direction?
6. As I mentioned, I had a hard time finding proper line up and good studio that would do what I payed for. So when I got some inspiration and energy I made decision to start playing drums more seriously and make my own studio and learn production so I can do everything by myself without heaving to rely on humans. Funny thing is that when I achieved perfect conditions I found some awesome humans and I think that the band will have full lineup soon. I will always have respect and gratitude for my brother Zealot, Zombie the drumer, Kozeljnik, E.V.L., Marin Rudic, Dragan Kristo etc… for helping me with this band on occasions.

7.When you still did live shows, what where some of the best shows that you have done and also how would you describe your stage performance?
7. First show in 2004 and a show with Zemial in Belgrade. It`s always about atmosphere and vibe and right kind of energy around us, That is why we (I) do live shows on rare occasions.

8.Recently ‘Blood Harvest Records’ re-issued your 2014 ep, can you tell us a little bit more about the newer version?
8. It is a 2008 recording, but in 2016 I took dry tracks from the studio where it was recorded and did what I had to on my own equipment to make It sound as it was intended back then.

9.On a worldwide level how has the feedback been to your music by fans of black, death and thrash metal?
9. I had some good label proposals but I was always changing my mind last minute because of not being satisfied with the sound. I never did any marketing as nowadays bands do and never gave a fuck about opinions. For me it`s being satisfied with the vibe and the energy and being able to share it with small amount of individuals with the similar perception.

10.You also did a ‘Bombarder’ cover for their tribute album, what was the decision behind doing on of your own versions of their songs?
10. Bombarder was always one of my favourite metal bands and I had the opportunity to play lead guitar, write music and record with the band for 5 years. One time Neso ( vocalist and leader of the band) asked me to pick a song and record it for tribute album so I did it.Then I got a little bit tired of live shows and left the band. I still consider them brothers and also the guy that took my place, he is a friend and a super talented guy even though he is a commie ha ha.

11.Are you currently involved with any other bands or musical projects these days?
11. Well I play all kinds of different instruments and I am able to record it decently enough for my taste. I am doing some prog rock stuff inspired by my all time favourite band Smak and some other 70ies acts but far away from retro trend popular these days.
12.When can we expect new material and also where do you see yourself heading into as a musician in the future?
12. I am working on Full length right now, same goals same attitude.

13.What are some of the bands or musical styles that have had an influence on your music and also what are you listening to nowadays?
Bombarder Morbid angel, Possessed, Goblin, ELP, Sinan Sakić, Šemsa and early works od Dragana Mirković and off course Motorhead, Priest and Maiden… and many others.

14.Before we wrap up this interview, do you have any final words or thoughts?
14. Thanks for the interest in my band, and remember the earth is flat.

Facebook