1.For those that have never heard of you before, can you tell us a little bit about the band?
1. False Flag is a band of like minded musicians with a shared love and appreciation for heavy music.
2.So far you have released one ep, how would you describe the musical sound that is presented on the recording?
2. We actually did release a very raw demo recording of a rehearsal but the EP renders it useless. The sound on the EP is a combination of aggression, intensity and somber/introspective melodies.
3.What are some of the lyrical topics and subjects the band explores with the music?
3. Our lyrical themes were mainly political, initially - speaking out against extremist and bigotry. However, lyrically, we are moving in a more philosophical direction.
4.What are some of the best shows that the band has played so far and also how would you describe your stage performance?
4. So far, we have played 3 shows, all of which were great, but especially the first and the last show we performed at. However, we never ever played with a full lineup. Our last show was our best performance by far, though.
5.Do you have any touring or show plans for the future?
5. We are certainly looking for more shows to play.
6.Currently you are unsigned, are you looking for a label or have received any interest?
6. We are currently unsigned. We have been approached by labels. We will most likely go DIY for our initial CD release, though.
7.On a worldwide level how has the feedback been to your music by fans of black metal, crust and hardcore?
7. Hardcore and crust fans seem to love it. Black metal fans on a whole haven't been exposed to our music yet, and I only expect a small section of metal fans to like our music anyway.
8.When can we expect a full length album and also where do you see the band heading into musically during the future?
8. Hopefully in the next year or two, we should have material for a full length. At this time, we are looking at recording our material to be release on splits with other bands. Musically, we are going more in the direction of screamo bands like Pageninetynine and City of Caterpillar
9.What are some of the bands or musical styles that have had an influence on your music and also what are you listening to nowadays?
9. Our primary influences lie in 1990s and 2000s hardcore. Songs on the EP were written with bands such as His Hero Is Gone, Alpinist, Orchid, Integrity, Envy in mind, to name a few. However, the music we all listen to fall under a wide variety of styles and categories, although heavy music always is a big part of our playlist.
10.What are some of your non musical interests?
10. We all have individual interests that may or may not overlap as a band. I am personally into fitness, science/maths and like learning about anything and everything as long as it holds my interest.
As for shaunak, He studies mathematics and philosophy and Illustrates for a magazine.
11.Before we wrap up this interview, do you have any final words or thoughts?
11. Thank you for this interview! We love discussing ideas with people feel free to approach us we would love to be inspired from you!