Monday, January 22, 2018

Infant Death Interview


1.Can you give us an update on what is going on with the band these days?

-Yes I can. Not a damn shit. It is lovely.


2.How would you describe the musical sound of the newer music?

-I guess it got faster. The newest, and what I look upon as our best recording, is the split-lp with Evil Madness. It is indeed faster, and I think the feeling on that recording is more IT. What we want. A fast mix of thrash, black, grind etc done our way.


3.What are some of the lyrical topics and subjects the band has explored over the years with the music?

-Torture, evil, death, spacerape, aperights, famine and more torture.


4.The bands name is a pubertal wordplay on Razor's "Instant Death", how does this name fit in with the musical style you play?

-I haven’t thought much about it. Pubertal, yeah, in a sense. We reached puberty in our thirties. It is really hard to come up with bandnames, the best are taken.



5.What are some of the best shows that the band has played over the years and also how would you describe your stage performance?

-The best show was in some guy’s small apartment. The neighbours had been warned but they still wondered what the hell this was. Our show is crazily playing the songs as good as possible.


6.Do you have any touring or show plans for the future?

-Absolutely not. I don’t want to pay, as it always end up with (!), to entertain half drunk children for thirty or forty minutes ever again. I think rehearsing to concerts is a waste of time when one can compose new music on those rehearsals instead.


7.The last album came out on 'Apocalyptic Empire Records', can you tell us a little bit more about this label?

-It has been around since 94, and is run by a suspense specimen.


8.On a worldwide level how has the feedback been to your music by fans of black, thrash and speed metal?

-I guess the response has been good from the few that understand what we try to do. And from those who like great music.


9.What is going on with some of the other bands or musical projects that some of the members are a part of?

-Right now Knegge works with his super secret project Katechon and Udyr works with his ultra secret project Recitations. I work with my mega secret project Imamexsanguinator, which Knegge secretly play drums on.


10.What are some of the bands or musical styles that have had an influence on your music and also what are you listening to nowadays?

-Bathory, slayer, razor, repulsion, terrorizer etc. Nowadays I don’t listen to anything.


11.What are some of your non musical interests?

-I’m thinking about it and the answer for me is none. Counting my shelf (not tapes, cds or EPs) I find out I have 18 LP’s released the last handful of years, in quite different styles. I guess I have no time for other interests. The other guy, Knegge, has bought a TV which he watches while he drinks wine. That is his new interest. Economic shows along with that Ferris Buelerfilm. Daily! He has 22 LP’s released the later years if I count correctly. So we will see how long the TV-hobby lasts. I guess the bassist is interested in small parrots.


12.Before we wrap up this interview, do you have any final words or thoughts?

-Let the lames begin!

Bandcamp
Facebook
Spotify

No comments:

Post a Comment