Monday, January 29, 2018

Necrosexual interview


1.For those that have never heard of you before, can you tell us a little bit about the band?
Necrosexual is the most electrifying band in corpse entertainment. We take what is ours and we aim to excite. Nothing will stand in our way.

2.How would you describe the musical sound of the newer music?
Our new album GRIM 1 is guaranteed to give old school headbangers a heavy metal hard on. This album is the perfect soundtrack for fighting off a pack of wolves with one's bare hands.

3.What are some of the lyrical topics and subjects the band explores with the music?
My lyrics deal with all matters of postmortem penetration, the cruel songs of thunder and snow, decadent aggression, throwing one's enemies into the bottomless pit, and the X-Files.

4.What is the meaning and inspiration behind the name 'Necrosexual'?
Necrosexual is the fancy way of saying DEAD SEXY.

5.What are some of the best shows that the band has played so far and also how would you describe your stage performance?
Our live show is like the Matrix. You have to experience it to believe it. But I guarantee it will change you forever. We bring a certain physicality to our live performance.  We are hungry to play out more with the debut of GRIM 1, as Necromania takes over the world.

6.Do you have any touring or show plans for the new album?
Our album release date is February 18 at Franky Bradley's in Philadelphia. You can also see me at Maryland Deathfest, selling heavy metal handjobs in the parking lot to finance my next album.

7.Currently you are unsigned, re you looking for a label or have received any interest?
I like that the Grim 1 album is 100% self released and independent. I pride myself on being a self made man.

8.On a worldwide level how has the feedback been to your music by fans of extreme metal?
I'm building an army of Necromaniacs one person at a time. I don't consider myself an acquired taste. People either get me or they don't. To those willing to go one on one with the Grim 1, I raise the horns of metal to you in salute.

9.Where do you see the band heading into musically during the future?
My goal is to record the next album in 2018 and keep on slaying posers anywhere I can find a stage. We already have two guitar click tracks recorded for drum tracking, and another full length album worth of songs.

10.What are some of the bands or musical styles that have had an influence on your music and also what are you listening to nowadays?
I'm on a Finnish death metal kick lately, thanks to my drummer Mike Churry. Demilich and Depravity have been on rotation at full blast in the Necrosexual's lair as of this writing.

11.What are some of your non musical interests?
Summoning the dead, self flagellation, and chess.

12.Before we wrap up this interview, do you have any final words or thoughts?
Hail to the Necromaniacs all over the world. I hope you listen to GRIM 1 at full volume and get laid immediately afterward.
I'm accepting preorders for the CD at Necrosexual.bandcamp.com. 

No comments:

Post a Comment