1. Can you tell us a little bit about the band for those that have never heard of you before?
Hi, we’re quite new to the metal scene. We’ve just released our debut album „Pathetic Humanity” through Metal Scrap Records. If you are into more extreme metal music you should definitely check us out - we bring some fresh air to the black/death metal music genre. You can find that our music varies a lot and shows some strong progressive / doom metal influences.
2. What are some of the lyrical topics and subjects the band explores with the music?
Our lyrics focus on human depravity and different kinds of perversion. „Pathetic Humanity” tells a story about a sexual deviant, who takes pleasure in experimenting on people and finally, being severely mentally disturbed and under the influence of strong medications, decides to hang himself.
3. What is the meaning and inspiration behind the bands name?
„Mind Affliction” refers to our lyrical theme. It’s mostly about what’s most peculiar in human beings - how their minds, in all their brilliance, can be devastatingly disgusting.
4. What are some of the best shows that the band has played so far and how would you describe your stage performance?
We’ve played quite a lot of gigs in a relatively short time, among others with bands like Christ Agony or Arkona. Our biggest shows are about to come, but so far the concert with the Polish black metal band Besatt was the best.
5. Do you have any touring plans for the future?
Yes, we’re pretty much fully booked for the next few months, which is great, as we really enjoy playing live. We’re planning to make a small tour around Poland, also we’ll be playing with Hate, Ragnarok, Solefald and In Vain in near future.
6. On a worldwide level how has the feedback been to your music by fans of black and death metal?
So far, there have been only a few reviews, but in all of them our debut scored quite high - about 8-9 out of 10. We hope that this will help our music reach more people who’ll appreciate it.
7. Are there any other musical projects besides this band or is this a full time line up?
We have two side projects. First one is Anus Cancer - a grindcore/porngrind band featuring all Mind Affliction musicians and the vocalist from Cień. Second one is Listopad, depressive black metal project consisting of Darek, Krzysiek, Kamil and two guys from Five Wounds - guitarist and bassist. There’s not much to say about those projects, at least not for now.
8. What direction do you see your music heading into on future releases?
It’s really hard to say after releasing just one album. Of course music is always evolving; now we’re writing new material, and at this point we can say that it seems a little bit more brutal, although even more complex and sophisticated.
9. What are some bands or musical styles that have influenced your music and also what are you listening to nowadays?
Our style has been influenced by various types of music, not only metal. Some of the bands whose music had the most impact on us are: Arcturus, Cannibal Corpse, Death, Dodheimsgard, Opeth, Pink Floyd, Solefald.
10. Outside of music what are some of your interests?
Our main interest is music, but beside that we like to drink beer and watch those sick, perverted movies, like the greatest movie ever – Human Centipede. Also, some guys are a bit into gaming and drinking even more beer. Also, tits.
11. Any final words or thoughts before we wrap up this interview?
Check out our music and our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/mindaffliction or reverbnation profile – http://reverbnation.com/mindaffliction . Stay AFFLICTED!!