Saturday, December 30, 2023

Faded Remembrance Interview

 


1.Can you give us an update on what has been going on with the solo project since the release of the new album?

- The Delusion of Silence album was already recorded almost a year ago (2022 December – 2023 February), however the next activities (mixing-mastering-finalizing the material, starting a campaign with the single Daydreaming of Salvation and then with the album) took a huge amount of time, so what I only could do in the meantime that I partly recorded some ideas for a planned next EP (planned to be released in 2024) and wrote the lyrics for them.


2.In September you had released a new album, musically how does it differ from the recording you had released in 2021?

- I would say – completely. I changed the guitars/bass from C# standard to D standard, I rethought the song structures, the tempos, the rhythm of play (I turned the drum patterns from the structure what generally used by gothic/doom metal to a more progressive rock/metal drum patterns, but slower in tempo of course) and with several time signature changes (combining 4/4 to 3/4 to 6/4 and mix them) also often used.

I would say the first album was the first step to find my voice as a songwriter but also as a musician and producer. The vocals also turned from growling/normal vocals to normal vocals/harsh vocals combo. Looking back, I can see the quality, sound, structure and complexity on a much higher level then The Age of Emptiness album. Probably what has not been changed is the quality level of the lyrics which were also similar on the first album.


3.What are some of the lyrical topics and subjects you have explored so far with the music?

- Mostly those are emotional lyrics, reflecting inner self and feelings what an ordinary people like me can feel during lifetime. But also there are some lyrics have of a bit of mysticism, reflection on the soul, but also for our mistical nature… Or there are some more story-based example like the cursed priest in the song – Anathema, or on the previous album a story of a tree-fairy in the Silent Dance.


4.What is the meaning and inspiration behind the name 'Faded Remembrance'?

- This name representing the deepest sadness I can imagine. Someone or something has been totally forgotten, sinks into the Oceans of Time and nobody will ever remember about it. I realized this name can represent my thoughts about a bitter-sweet but also heavy music what Faded Remembrance is all about.


5.Can you tell us a little bit more about the artwork that is presented on the new album cover?

- It is photogpraphed in the heart of a forest. It is representing the sundown, as time passes, as our life passing on. I modified the picture in tone later on to reach the final form I imagined.


6.With this project you record everything by yourself, are you open to working with other musicians or do you prefer to work solo?

- Guitars/bass/synth/vocal recorded on a direct way by myself, all the rhythms of the drum and its patterns are own structure, but I used a drum pad to record them, and for the trumpet is played with synth-pad (It took a while to learn how can I make it sounding like the original instrument, but now I have the knowledge finally). I became a lonely wolf with my own thoughts and imaginations with this gothic/doom metal project, and also with the direction what I would like go on with it, so I am not planning collaborations with Faded Remembrance, however I am fully open with other projects in the future if I like the idea.



7.Currently you are unsigned, are you looking for a label or have received any interest?

- I learned a lot how should not search for a label in the recent years, and I am planning to change my strategy, as the music is good – I am continuously getting feedback about that from everywhere -, and I believe it could give something positive to an audience which loves this type of very underground music. However, I will continue my work independently of signed by a label or not, it is just a better opportunity to reach the audience but not the only one. For me is the most important to reach the audience and I can transfer my music and thought to the people.


8.On a worldwide level how has the reaction been to your music by fans of black, doom and gothic metal?

- Honestly, I thought the music is good, but what I didn’t know what the reaction as the competition is very high in general. This style was much more ruled in the 90’s and the doom/gothic metal now means something different then it was. I was also wondering for a while how to categorize the music in genre not to mislead the audience and myself. In my Country I got very good and quite good critics by webzines and online magazines, but the biggest achievement until now is undoubtedly international. The Metal Observer selected Delusion of Silence album with four other albums in September for the Albums of the Month. And which is more shocking to me, that the previous months big names was also selected for this title as Overkill or Cattle Decapitation and many more. Well, I didn't expect that!


9.Where do you see yourself heading into as a musician during the future?

- I am learning every day as a musician. Instrumental knowledge (I started to learn guitar only six years ago, so I have always room for improvement), music theory, briefly: everything. Also searching for the development of my own music (also I have another project called Embertears which is a sludge/progressive/stoner metal), and how to bring parts of other style of music to gothic/doom – like I did with progressive drum patterns, and for trumpet (now I am also using trombone as well – thanks for the great inspiration for one of my favorite band: Sear Bliss about it) to be remain unique and not repeating myself again and again. My plan also a small step forward in the next EP, but major changes for the third album to develop my music further. What I don’t want however to completely turn away from the basics gothic/doom/death/black as many did before.


10.What are some of the bands or musical styles that have had an influence on your music and also what are you listening to nowadays?

- The Big Three (early Anathema, early Paradise Lost, My Dying Bride) inspired me the most, but I was very fortunate that my childhood (from twelve to eighteen years old) was in the same time when these giants were born and spread this type of music to the world in the 90’s), Also great inspiration from Candlemass, Sear Bliss (black metal), but also from Death, Carcass and many, many more.

Nowadays I am listening to the old doom/gothic metal classics from the 90’s, but also listening many non-doom/gothic style of music, like Sear Bliss, Mastodon, High on Fire, or early Sepultura and Iron Maiden.


11.What are some of your non musical interests?

- I played football (European) from the age of six to the age of twenty in the fourth division (highest semi-professional/amateur division), also played handball and basketball from the age of twelve to nineteen, I’ve been also written novels and short stories (mainly sci-fi and history) in the past fifteen years, many of them published in anthologies in the past years.


12.Before we wrap up this interview, do you have final words or thoughts?

- Thank You for the great opportunity, and also for the great questionary which reflected on a wide-range of activities. Really enjoyed answering them!

I want to also thank you for all fans and fellow musicians who supported me in the past years, hope I can reach a wider audience in the future!

https://www.artistecard.com/fadedremembrance

https://linktr.ee/fadedremembrance

https://www.instagram.com/fadedremembrance/

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100065207422428

https://twitter.com/FadedRemembran1

https://soundcloud.com/user-808234367/sets/delusion-of-silence

https://open.spotify.com/artist/0GKc0MhSrOJNNUfZyzJy1s

https://fadedremembrance.bandcamp.com/album/delusion-of-silence

https://www.deezer.com/us/artist/223518215