1. Can you update us with what is going on with the band these days?
1.These days we are preparing to record our first M-LP.
2. What is the meaning behind the band's name?
2.It's the title of our last song in the 'Nightfall' demo which was somewhat about the end of our world, caused by the morbid path that mankind has taken. Besides that, it's just sounds awesome.
3. How would you describe the lyrical content of the music?
3.The lyrical content is varied, each song deals with something else. We have a new song called 'Mourning Ceremony' which is about a man
that lose his sanity and sees his shadow as his lifelong companion. Other songs might be about nature, wars, life experiences, some
personal thoughts and more. We don't have a sole concept that we always write about and we don't try to be philosophical smart asses and
change the world. We write lyrics that fits the music.
4. How has the reception been to your music so far by extreme metal fans worldwide?
4.Quite decent. In terms of recording quality, we didn't released a professional produced release yet , only two demos, yet they got a well
reception. We sold out our 'Nightfall' demo (only dozens of copies were made), got quite much positive mails from USA and Europe, we have
been played more than 20 thousands times in MySpace and we also received an offer from a label in New Zealand. We didn't take that offer
because we felt it's early and we won't release world wide something that we aren't totally satisfied with, no matter how much time it will take.
5. What are some of the best shows that the band has played so far and how would you describe your stage performance?
5.No best show, each show is different, playing live is fun. How we would describe our stage performance? Just come and see for yourself
6. Do you have any plans to tour Europe or the United States?
6.We definitely do. It probably will take time, but touring around the world is something we'll hopefully do in the future.
7.. How would you describe the musical progress over the last couple of years and what direction do you see the music heading into during the future?
7. Our demos were more or less categorized as melodic death / black metal. Our next release however, will be much different.
The new material is much more sophisticated comparing to what you've already heard from us. Each song is like a journey, starting in one
place and ends in a different distant edge. Some of the songs has a continuous progression and so many different layers that it won't be easy
for the listener to comprehend these songs in first listenings. Keyboards are also attending here and there and throw an occasional vibes and
also some clean guitars are presented as a fugues between the walls of distrotion.The new material is also more folk oriented and lengthy,
some songs clock out at 8 minutes and loaded with tons of riffs. We hope that we'll be able to record this material as soon as possible, but we
won't let time to force us compromise with anything. It will be however, extremely different from what we've released so far.
8. What are some bands or music styles that have influenced your music and what are you listening to nowadays?
8. Influences are subliminal so we can't really put a finger on something specific. Music is not the only source of inspiration for us as well.
We listen to everything that is good: Metal , hard rock , funk, electronic music,dubstep, classical music, hardcore, ...
we listen to what we like. We aren't closed minded "tough metalheads" or satanist weirdos that wear corpse paint, hate religous
people and have some bad feelings towards Jesus. It's none of our business. We are not fucking Dimmu Borgir. We are coming from a much
9. Does Paganism or Occultism play any role in the music?
9. Paganism is far too primitive for humans in 2010. Occultism is something we haven't experienced yet, it might have some role in the future.
10. What are some of your interests outside of music?
10.Cory Hoffman (vocalist) studies cinematography and also dealing with websites here and there. Some of us are also interested in sports
(skateboarding, basketball), just living our life.
11. Any final words or thoughts?
11.Check out our MySpace page " http://www.myspace.com/morbidpath " and stay tuned for our M-LP, you woudln't want to miss it
when it comes!