Monday, November 5, 2018

Evokador Interview

1.For those that have never heard of you before, can you tell us a little bit about the band?

Allrite! Many thank for this interview!  Well, let´s start since the beginning. Some years ago like 2011 I have the idea to form a band. I tell it to a friend who already play the guitar to start. I have the weird or stupid idea that I can play drums because I play the air drums every time so I decide to play drums. We never do anything. Just a drunkish rehearsal.

So the years passed on and on and the idea to form a band increase in my mind. Then I decide to put it Ofenssor as the band name. I only need to find musicians..   First I put in my Facebook page that I need a guitarrist and a drummer. Never happened.

Then I decide to put some ugly hand made flyers in the walls of the college that I attend, asking again for a guitarrist and a drummer. The next day some cunt remove those flyers. Haha!

Some day I was in a poor record store buying the first Angeles del infierno Lp.  I meet a bizarre guy there that told me he´s in a band but no vocalist on it. I decide to enter in an “audition”. Then we start, the band was called Cloven. So I call a friend of mine to play the drums, he doens´t like the name Cloven or Offensor , till some day in a metal trance this name Evokador comes to my mind. So Evokador was born in February 2015.

Our discography consist in two rehearsal demos, and two Eps.

Our actual line up is:

R. Ofensor – Preacher of doom
Witch Bitch – Bass
DD Franco -  Drums


2.In February you had released a new album, what are some of the things you feel done different musically on this recording that you where not able to do on your previous releases?

Well in this new Ep called “Evokador” we change many things on the recordings. We record it with better equipment, better drumkit, better amplifiers, and we rehearse almost like a year before record it. In Vomito de la tierra recordings, we were drunk all the time, but this time we were sober, except for the voice recording because I drank a lot.  So that´s help us to not make so many mistakes. Most of the songs on this one was written  in 2015, just 2 news songs “Camino al Infierno “ and “Hecatombe”.  Musically? mhmmm I think we are on the same way. Technically (?) well, we can play better our instruments I guess, we have more practice, more improvement. Also the production in this one is better.

3.According to the fb page you label your music as 'Sulphuric Metallian Invasion', can you tell us a little bit more about this term?

The lyrics are mostly tales created in my mind, so let´s say the music is a “soundtrack”. We raise Sulphur, chaos and desesperation with our music. Metallian because we are Metalheads, we live and we will die for this sound (at least me). And Invasion well, I think I was thinking in Destruction when I wrote that hehehe.



4.What are some of the lyrical topics and subjects the band explores with the music?

Death, Horror, Chaos, Heavy Metal, Ocultism, Ancient ones, Horny bitches, atomic nuclear desolation and the end of the world. Just to mention some.

5.What is the meaning and inspiration behind the name 'Evokador'?

Well Evokador is an obscure entity that brings a black evil force from the past. It comes from the word Evoke.  In this case we bring the putrid sound that was forged in old days of glory, not cloning, but inspiring us in body and soul.

6.Can you tell us a little bit more about the artwork that is presented on the album cover?

Well this artwork was painted by a local artist called Mario López. It’s a big demon waiting to his servants to sacrifice this blonde maiden that offers her body and soul voluntarily, to serve a greatest force. I love artwork flyers of 70´s, 80´s, horror movies. So aesthetically I asked to the painter to put those elements on it.

7.What are some of the best shows that the band has played so far and also how would you describe your stage performance?

We opened to Deathhammer April this year, it was an incredible experience because I worship that band so many years ago, and we have very good sound , lights, etc. Then we party together and let me tell you that those guys are totally insane!

We played with Manzer one week ago, killer stage, killer sound, very very good.

I, as the vocalist try to raise some hell to the audiende, headbanging like a madman , cursing, and singing. We as a band try to do the same basically, we want the audience enjoy our perfomance, even those that “hate us”.

8.Do you have any touring or show plans for the future?

Well, not gigs at the moment, only time will tell.
We will release a 4 way split tape with mighty Abigail, a salvadorean band called Graveyard Rebelss and Kriegg.

Now we are in the writing song process for a  7” Ep next year. New and exclusive songs just for this release.
Some of the songs will be:

- El rapto de los santos
- Opositor
- Sacrificio del martillo.

Expect madness, Sulphur and Metal.

9.The new album was released on 'Barbarian Wrath', how did you get in contact with this label?

I had Hart Blackgoat added as a friend on my fb profile. So once he wrotes that he´s in hunting for bands with the right sound and attitude. So I show him Evokador and likes immediately! At that time we only had the Vomito de la tierra Ep, so I told him that we will enter to the studio soon to record this new Ep. He agreed to release us a cd with both Eps.

Then many things happen man, we took so much time to enter the studio, then Hart suffers a stroke, and enters to a coma. He only saw the sketch of the artwork. Then his wife Cheryl (Witches Brew) help us to make this cd happened and she did and incredible work! But its sad that Hart never heard this new one. But i´m sure that he would liked it and be proud of this release!


10.On a worldwide level how has the reaction been to your music by fans of black and thrash metal?

More than I expected. Many people have written me saying that they enjoy our music, they show me pictures of the tapes we have released. They buy our music which is good.  People from Japan, South america, Australia, Germany , France and many other countries. Dedicated headbangers.
But you know what is the coolest felling? It´s when an artist of a band you worship wrotes to you and tell that he like our sound hehe.

11.Are any of the band members currently involved with any other bands or musical projects these days?

Mmm not at the moment.

12.Where do you see the band heading into musically during the future?

The same black speed thrashing overdose but maybe because improvement our sound will change, maybe more tempo changes or longer songs. I don´t really know, it´s a hard question to ask hehe.




13.What are some of the bands or musical styles that have had an influence on your music and also what are you listening to nowadays?

In the beginning I wanted to create a band with a chaotic sound, like the Deathcore Minas Gerais 80´s scene, or 80´s Death Metal like Obscurity, Bloodspill, Profancer, etc . But i´m just the singer you know.
The drummer and guitarrist have more or less the same tastes, but we don’t think the same, so Evokador is a blend of our influences.

To be specific, German and Brazilian Black/Death/Thrash metal mainly inspire our sound.

Rite now im listening the incredible debut by Black viper, Spiritus mortis, Spirit Adrift, new Aura noir (Great organic drums!)
, New Deathhammer´s chained to hell, new Bonehunter, The beyond Ost, and this is what I can remember now!


14.Does Satanism or Occultism play any role in your music?

Of course, these topics  influence my lyrics.


15.Before we wrap up this interview, do you have any final words or thoughts?

Thanks for this interview, check our band here https://barbarianwrath.bandcamp.com/album/evokador  if you want some merch don´t hesitate to ask.  Rguerraw2485@gmail.com

Tekelili!

No comments:

Post a Comment