1. Can you give us a brief history of your band?
The band started around 2005, and evolved from a more typical black metal sound to what we have now. We released a 2 song promo, and then followed up with our first album, Urban Cancer, recorded in 2006. Because of several label issues, it was only released in 2008 through Candlelight USA. In january 2009 we released a 2 song promo over the internet to show the progression in our sound since the first album, and keep the fans happy while they wait for us to finish the second one. We will enter the studio this summer to record it.
2. How would you describe your music to someone who has never heard you before?
A mix of black metal melodies and death metal dynamics with a complete disregard to the usual borders put upon these genres
3. Are there any plans for a U.S tour?
We have been to the US twice, we're looking at maybe another 3 day weekend in upstate New York soon, but as far as a full tour goes, not until the 2nd album is released.
4. What are some of the best shows that you have played so far and what crowds would you say are the craziest or best?
As far as the US goes, our best show was in Billings.
5. When can we expect new material?
Just plain meaner songs. More precise, shorter more effective songs, less melodie and more dissonance than our earlier material
6. How was the response for your first album?
Good for the most part, the bad reviews mostly came from true black metal fans that didn't appreciate our mixture of styles
7. How would you describe the lyrical content of the music?
Staright forward bitching. We are not a political band as we offer no solution, this is simply a vehicule for us to vent our frustrations with daily life. No fantastic bullshit here, no talking about Satan or vikings.
8. What are some of your main influences music wise or non music wise?
We're very picky, and all have different tastes. One of the few bands we all agree on is Suffocation. Non music wise, I've taken inspiration for lyrics from comic books on one or two occasions.
9. Are there any satanic, occult, left hand path, paganism or anti-christian themes that influence the music?
They only influence our music in the sense that we completely avoid them, and sometimes even make fun of the more extremist narrow-minded people who suscribe to such ideologies.10. what are you listening to nowadays and what are some good bands that you would recommend?My favorite album lately is Sculptured - Embodiement. I'd recommend that people check out my other 2 bands:
The Last Felony www. myspace. com/thelastfelony
Vatican www. myspace. com/vaticanblackandroll
11. What are some good books or films that you would recommend?
THANK YOU FOR SMOKING is a fucking great movie.
12. What is the metal scene like in Montreal, Quebec, Canada and what are some good bands from that area?
Neuraxis has a new album out, those guys are awesome and pretty cool.
13. Any final words?
We have uploaded our 2 new songs in CD quality MP3 just check our blog on our myspace to know where to download them!
14.Thanks for the interview?