1. Can you tell us a little bit about the band for those that have never heard of you before?
Auroch arose from the Canadian underground in MMXII. We have toured throughout Canada, played over 100 shows and released one full length album and a few demos to date.
2. How would you describe the musical sound that is presented both on the split and the album?
We play metal, and we don't bother with any silly prefixes in front of the word. We have always been and will always be influenced by a wide variety of music, and more specifically, a wide variety of metal music. This leaks into our writing and playing style. At gunpoint, I would say death metal, but we have blended in elements of grind, thrash, black metal and progressive metal and music.
3. What are some of the lyrical topics and subjects the band explores with the music?
We are hugely influenced by the works of the great Howard Phillips Lovecraft, along with certain sects of both Eastern and Western mysticism, the Satanic and undivine and the many paths to transcendence.
4. What is the meaning and inspiration behind the bands name?
The name has taken on more meaning then we could have originally imagined. Once an attempt to find something unused, it has become apparant to our growing eyes the importance of the Auroch in the very things we have come to take interest in. I wish I could elaborate more, but upon release of our second record people will come to see the paradigm on the Auroch, through many different "eyes."
5. What are some of the best shows that the band has played so far and how would you describe your stage performance?
August 17, 2010- Opening for Exodus. A remarkable experience to open for one of the legendary thrash acts.
July 28, 2010- Playing with the mighty Inquistion in Winnipeg and witnessing their hypnotizing live performance.
July 17, 2010- First show live in Montreal. Great venue and wicked crowd. Awesome city for metal and otherwise!
6. Do you have any touring plans for the new album?
Next week we embark on tour to spread the songs from the upcoming record aswell as hopefully sell the first record out of print. Once this tour is over we will discuss touring plans for next year, and hopefully, plans to tour either the U.S.A., Europe or South America.
7. Currently you are unsigned are you looking dfor a label and if so, what kind of label do you feel that would be a perfect fit for your music?
Once we get this second record out we will begin looking for a label to release it. We hope to find one that can get us touring endlessly around different parts of this world.
8. On a worldwide level how has your music been recieved by extreme metal fans?
The reaction has been really great, and recieving all positive reviews from places as far as Italy, France, Singapore, Chile, Sweden etc has been really humbling! We look forward to an epic campaign one day to all of those places, hopefully.
9. What are some bands or musical styles that have influenced your music and also what are you listening to nowadays?
As a group, our three favourite acts are probably Death, Morbid Angel and Carcass. I can't speak for the rest of the band too much, but for myself, some of my favourites which never leave the regular rotation are Nile, Akercocke, Blasphemy, Conqueror, Mercyful Fate, Cryptopsy and old Houde-era Kataklysm. Recent rotation of Delerium's Karma has been a pleasant addition.
10. What role does Satanism and Occultism play in your music, and how would you describe your views on these topics?
Satan is the manifestation of the undivine and the godself. This is a concept we pay homage to.
11. Outside of music what are some of your interests?
I work at a gym as a personal trainer. Physical fitness and good health is important for me. Cuillen and Zack are both in school to become recording engineers.
12. Any final words or thoughts before we wrap up this interview?
Thanks to our fans around the globe and to Bringer of Death blog. Beware, the new record shall be unveiled soon.