Thursday, November 17, 2011

Toxic Holocaust Interview


1. Can you give us an update on what is going on with the band these days?
Right now I'm taking a break from packing for our upcoming European tour. We have a lot of shows coming up in Scandinavia, Europe and the UK, not to mention a U.S. tour with the English Dogs.

2. How would you describe the musical sound of the new album and how it differs from previous releases?
A lot of people have mentioned that its a lot more aggressive and in your face. I think it is varied a bit more than previous records, I tried to incorporate a few different tempos and song structure ideas on this one.

3. What are some of the lyrical topics and subjects the band explores with the new release?
Lyrical topics range from ancient and historical occult topics such as Necromancy, Witchcraft etc. I wanted the lyrics to be a lot darker on this one.

4. Out off all of the shows and tours that the band has done so far which one did you enjoy the most?
Actually the last show we played in L.A. was the biggest and the craziest of the whole tour. It was a great way to end the tour.

5. What are the touring plans for the new release?
We have a lot of touring plans actually, some I can mention some are still in the works. First up though is our Scandinavia/Euro/UK tour. We'll be over there for 6 weeks, take a couple weeks off then do something cool in January that I can't mention yet and then a U.S. tour with the English Dogs.

6. On a worldwide level how has the new album been received by underground metal fans?
It seems to be doing really well, getting good reviews and good press. There's always the shit talkers, but that's the nature of the beast. Can't please everyone, nor do I want to.

7. Have you received any backlash for being a younger person going for this music style, since your music is rooted in the 80's and a lot of metal heads from that era look down upon the younger generation?
Not so much anymore. I think that all died down because those people realized I was doing it from the heart. I mean I've been doing the same thing since I've been in high school. haha

8. What direction do you see your music heading into on future releases?
Hard to say, it won't be the same as Conjure because I don't like to make the same record twice, but I will still sound like us. I never like to give the fans a curve ball too much where they feel cheated.

9. You have been on Relapse for a few years, how would you describe the support that they have given you so far?
Relapse has been truly amazing so far. I couldn't have asked for a better label.

10. What are some bands or musical styles that have influenced the sound of the new album and also what are you listening to nowadays?
Venom, Sodom, Slayer and Bathory come to mind for shaping the sound of the band. New records and bands are anything from bands like Nocturnal, Midnight, Vomitor etc.

11. Outside of music what are some of your interests?
I like reading, building electronics like guitar amps and pedals...ya know nerdy shit. I don't usually have much time for anything outside of the band though.

12. Any final words or thoughts before we wrap up this interview?
Thanks for the support. Keep metal nuclear.

Bandcamp
Facebook
Forum
Homepage
iLike
Instagram
MySpace
Reverbnation
Spotify
Twitter
YouTube

No comments:

Post a Comment