1. Can you give us an update on what has been going on with the band since the recording and release of the new album?
Fresh seeds has already been tilled, mostly for the second album. Things are getting only more wicked and we won't cheapen the grip from that what we created for the debut. On the other hand there's no place for limits either when it comes to dark arts and the Self, and you will hear it in the future. We still are diving the depths, deeper and deeper, to dwell the Lords fiery kingdom.
2. Recently you have released your first full length, how would you describe the musical sound that is presented on the recording and also how dies it differ form the stuff you have released in the past?
Firstly, we wanted to keep the rapid, authentic grip in playing so the recording was done live, as in the demonstration tapes were. That's the only way for us to capture those vile spirits we bear within into the art. But the production of course differs a lot comparing to demo tapes which were recorded in our rehearsal place by simple 4-track tape recorder, and the full length in a proper studio.
3. Your lyrics cover Occultism and Darkness, can you tell us a little bit more about what these things mean to you?
OBSCURE BURIAL is as much a church as it is a weapon. Church in mission to devote and summon the bearers of sulphurous swords and pure, godless wisdom. The occult for me is a field of questions, mysteries, and at last: answers, if your Will walks with fire. It's a lifetime lasting bride of your consiousness and a getaway to uncarnal timeless life - even during your earthly dwell.
4. What is the meaning and inspiration behind the name 'Obscure Burial'?
Open the tomb, light the candle, breath the Truth, unbound the Dead, fill the grave with all that is fireless, false and contaminated by the disease most of you embrace as life. Cut the womb to dive the tomb.
5. What are some of the best shows that the band has played so far and also how would you describe your stage performance?
We have played in all kinds of events and venues from small punk venues to bigger theaters, hard to choose which ones works best for us. What we have on stage... Pretty hard to answer because we have fukking nothing there except the band channeling the Devils message to those with open minds in a form of Metal - of Madness and Death.
6. Do you have any touring or show plans for the future?
There is few shows already booked for 2018, but we want to play more live after getting the vinyl out. Spread the word.
7. The new album was released on 'Invictus Productions', are you happy with the support that they have given you so far?
INVICTUS PROD. is a real "extreme" metal label which works perfectly for us. He has been supporting us from the very beginning (releasing the demos, inviting us to play into his events etc) and things had worked well. And all stuff he releases are top notch stuff comparing to many other "bigger" underground metal labels, so feels good to be in his roster.
8. On a worldwide level how has the feedback been to your music by fans of black and death metal?
It has appeared to such what we expected it to be, on many levels. Focus on important things mostly, people are getting the ideas that we’ve aimed for.
9. What is going on with some of the other bands or musical projects these days that some of the band members are a part of?
We have some new songs with NECROMONASTERY, but there's no rush to complete anything, since it's still only a band that rehearses and plays gigs whenever someone of us have time for it, and we all lack of it big time. But the first demo will get some continuation, some day...
10. Where do you see the band heading into musically during the future?
Into more witching tunes. Samples are gonna be used more than in the debut to build those scenes we dream of into perfection. Spells and banes will be casted, still in a form of Death's lethal metal.
11. What are some of the bands or musical styles that have had an influence on your newer music and also what are you listening to nowadays?
We don’t limit ourselves in any ways, we go from genres to genres all the time. So on nothing can’t target as clear inspiration, and won’t be.
12.Before we wrap up this interview, do you have any final words or thoughts?
Get the new album! Spread the word for us and have a fukking weekend! Fukk the world, before it fukks you... Memento mori.