1. Hello, I'm Goat from DECAY. We started the band with my brother Ray (now in So What?! In 1996. After 2-3 years we broke up. Then in 2001 we makes a homemade demo (vortex of thoughts). Just one CD I have. Never was
released. After a period I started again without Rat, we started to play live too, for ex. with Negura Bunget, Coronet and many other bands.Finally we makes an ep with current lineup (Brand new nails) and now
prepare a fullenght album (THORN-MAN-THORN).
2.Recently you have released a new ep, musically how does this differ from the demo you had released 14 years ago?
2. The vocal is same but the music is more different. It's still death metal but with more black and thrash metal riffs and great solos.
3.This is your first release in 14 years, can you tell us a little bit more about what has been going on during that time frame?
3. Nothing special. Just I didn't have the musicians around me. Now I'm happy with these guys. I hope this lineup will remain the same in the future too.
4.The band was broken up for 5 years, what was the cause of the split and also the decision to reform?
4. Same answer 🙂
5.Some of your lyrics cover Occultism, can you tell us a little bit more about your interest in this subject?
5. I was always attracted about the dark and unholy things. And I try to mix my visions with reality. That's all, nothing special.
6.What are some of the other lyrical topics and subjects the band explores with the music?
6. It's a perfect word for many thing. Ex. :this world, life, death, hate and many other thing what represent our life and death.
7.Can you tell us a little bit more about the artwork that is presented on the ep cover?
7. It is full with nails what puncture the hand of christ. We can say,every new songs what we have on ep, is a brand new fucking nail for our nice christ :)))
8.What are some of the best shows that the band has played over the years and also how would you describe your stage performance?
8.With Negura Bunget and with Coroner was great to play on the same stage but the best gig was in this year with Gothic. Was a better sound. This gig u can find on you tube (Live decadence). Our live performance, u can
say boring :)))), because with don't use corpse paint and other funny thing. Just we go up and try to feel great on the stage while we play our songs.
9.Do you have any touring or show plans for the future?
9. No. First of all we want record the full length album and after that if we will be invited we go everywhere.
10.On a worldwide level how has the reaction been to your music by fans of black and death metal?
10. Here in Romania was very shit the reactions but in Brazil, Mexico, USA, Iran and Japan was great.
11.Where do you see the band heading into musically during the future?
11. I hope we can play on bigger festival in Europe.
12.What are some of the bands or musical styles that have had an influence on your music and also what are you listening to nowadays?
12. I listen to death, black and doom bands. Mostly the old bands. For me the nr. 1 is Deicide and Morbid Angel. We listen the same bands and genres.
13.What are some of your non musical interests?
13. Hip hop, rap no way. But the 80s pop bands I like.
14.Before we wrap up this interview, do you have any final words or thoughts?
14. Thanks for your interest. Hope we will see guys soon on a gig. Hail Satan motherfuckers! \,,/